Approaching the Application
This section will cover all about how you should be approaching your opportunity application.
We will look at understanding how you must approach the application form first. Then we will get to how you can answer few common application segments and also look at commonly asked questions.
Generic Application Approach
Let’s say you already have an opportunity in mind that you want to apply to. The following topics will look at how you must approach the application form for the specific opportunity.
This is how we’ll proceed:
- ResearchResearch helps you understand the opportunity and theorganisation hosting the opportunity better. It in turn helps youput in an application that connects better with what is expected bythe selection committee.
- Familiarise with the Application ProcessThe application process begins with you familiarising about the application process and requirements.
- Prepare your applicationPost familiarisation, you move into preparing your application.
- 1.Laying down the groundworkYou begin by creating a copy of the application, checklist and having all the basic documents ready.
- 2.Thinking through what to writeYou then have to think through how you will be positioning yourself in your application.
- 3.Writing your Shitty First DraftYou start writing up your application by writing a shitty first draft. This draft helps you get all the content in your head, out into paper.
- 4.Reviewing your applicationYou move on to then creating subsequent versions of your application by refining it with feedback from review.
- Best PracticesWe shall also look at some of the best practices and tips to help you put in a successful application.